Today, am going to talk about the Best motorcycle insurance companies.
why do you actually need motorcycle insurance? it will be very bad if anyone pretend not to know that the risks involving motorcycles and accidents can be very serious. This is why it is very necessary to have a proper plan toward protection against losses which is usually caused by physical injuries, property damage and more through a motorcycle insurance policy.
The best motorcycle insurance companies offer policies that align with specific customer needs, whether that’s coverage for custom motorcycles or cheap policies. Our list of the best motorcycle insurance companies makes it easy to find one that best fits your needs. You need a motorcycle insurance company that understands the unique risks of motorcycle accidents. To help, we put together some of the best motorcycle insurance policies currently on the market.
here is the list of Best motorcycle insurance companies:
- Markel Insurance: This is rated the Best motorcycle insurance because of some unique features such as having a policy covering almost any type of motorcycle, ranging from sports bikes, street bikes, touring motorcycles, scooters/mopeds etc. Markel Insurance offers unique discounts such as anti-lock brakes, Anti-theft alarm, multi-unit, renewal, safe driver, safety course, accident forgiveness and a transfer discount of 10 percent that can add up to as much as a 35 percent discount on your motorcycle policy. For safe drivers, there is a diminishing deductible, meaning your deductible decreases by 25 percent for each policy year you remain accident-free.
- Progressive insurance company: the special feature about progressive insurance company when considering it for motorcycle insurance is that Motorcycles equipped with original parts are repaired with original parts. Similarly, motorcycles equipped with custom parts are repaired with custom parts. Furthermore, all Progressive motorcycle insurance policies include $3,000 of coverage to pay for damage to custom parts, upgrades, and customizations. another thing that attract people to them is that if for instance, you go four years accident-free and then have an accident, the first one won’t be counted against you as long as the accident costs Progressive more than $500.
- Allstate insurance company: this company is specially designed for young drivers when opting for their motorcycle insurance plan. one thing that make Allstate’s special is also its ability to forgives the first motorcycle accident without raising your insurance premium. their Coverage options include medical payments, personal injury protection, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist, off-road vehicle transport and trailer damage insurance, property damage/bodily injury liability, optional/added equipment coverage, genuine parts guarantee, towing, lease/loan gap coverage and rental reimbursement. Discounts can save you up to 50 percent on your motorcycle insurance premium and include multi-policy, good rider (accident-free), transfer discount, motorcycle safety course and a motorcycle organization discount of 10 percent for belonging to an approved motorcycle association.
- GEICO: this is specially designed for anyone searching for cheap motorcycle insurance. GEICO offers the cheapest motorcycle insurance quotes in some of the states with the most motorcycle riders.Another unique feature about GEICO being the best cheap motorcycle insurance company is that it offers its policyholders the option to pay in installments. This favour mostly the motorcycle riders who are on a budget and can’t afford to pay a policy in bulk. note that if you choose to pay in parts, you’ll be required to pay small fee for each installment. The fee will vary depending on the number of installments.
- Safeco -this is a part of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group and it offers motorcycle insurance coverage that is affordable for almost any type of motorcycle but its unfortunate that there is no coverage for bikes used for racing contests. their Coverage options include bodily injury/property damage liability, liability for guest passengers, comprehensive, collision, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist, custom parts/equipment and roadside assistance. their special Discounts include motorcycle safety foundation discount, homeowners discount, garage discount, riding club discount and a mature rider discount. A new bike replacement option is available for Harley-Davidson motorcycle owners for two years and a safety apparel replacement option of up to $1,000 per person for safety apparel lost during a collision is available.
- USAA: this is specially disgened for providing insurance coverage to military members and their families since the 1920s. The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) doesn’t offer motorcycle insurance directly, but it refers its members to Progressive, one of the best cheap motorcycle insurance options. One benefit is that USAA returns a portion of profits to its members. Coverage is offered for one-year policy terms and options include liability for bodily injury/property damage, comprehensive, collision, custom parts and equipment, uninsured/underinsured motorist, medical payments and roadside assistance. Despite their roundabout method of getting coverage, those who sign up for a Progressive motorcycle insurance policy through USAA will have access to military-specific discounts. In other words, U.S. military members, veterans and their families are able to take advantage of extra discounts on what we consider the best motorcycle insurance. Besides motorcycles, USAA also provides insurance policies for ATVs, mopeds and scooters.Another added benefit of getting motorcycle insurance through USAA is that it offers motorcycle loans and financing. Therefore, it serves as a one-stop shop for those who are purchasing a new motorcycle. USAA offers up to 100% loan financing on motorcycles.Who Is Eligible for USAA?
- Active military members
- Family of military members
- Cadets and midshipmen at service academies
Dairyland: Consider this if your motorcycle is in storage more than it’s on the road.
Whether you’re an infrequent motorcycle rider or you’re an international visitor, Dairyland is the best motorcycle insurance for the occasional rider. Insurance requirement is available for high-risk drivers who need to file financial responsibility with their state. Motorcycle insurance is available for many types and brands of motorcycles, including mopeds, scooters, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and more. Coverage options include property damage and bodily injury liability, collision, comprehensive, custom motorcycles, accessory coverage, trike coverage, trip interruption, roadside assistance, replacement costs, rental reimbursement, uninsured motorist bodily injury and property damage. Dairyland allows its policyholders to modify coverage at any time, which is especially useful for those who live in northern states, where motorcycles sit in storage in the winter months. Infrequent riders can choose to decrease their coverage limits at any time, saving money by doing so.
The Dairyland Cycle Visit USA program also makes it the best motorcycle insurance company for international visitors. International travelers can apply for a temporary motorcycle insurance policy through the program. The insurance policy is available in increments of 30, 60 and 90 days and provides coverage for one driver and motorcycle. The coverage can be applied to a motorcycle you already own, one you rent or one you buy during your visit.